AdoptAClassroom.org powers today’s classrooms to prepare tomorrow’s graduates.
We offer the most flexible and accountable funding for teachers and schools through our proprietary, easy-to-use fundraising platform. Since 1998, we have provided funding for resources and materials to more than 200,000 classrooms across the nation. Our platform meets the best practices for crowdfunding established by the AASA and NSBA.
In February 2019, we launched our School Program to help fund important school-wide needs that cannot be met through other funding sources. The program enables principals and other school administrators to fundraise for school-wide projects and initiatives that benefit all students at their school.
Are you a district administrator?
Check out our
School Program Guide
for District Administrators.
How It Works
Register and Create Your
School Fundraising Page*
Share Your Page or Participate
in Funding Opportunities
Get an Email When You
Receive a Donation**
Thank Your Donor
Shop Right Away, Items are
Shipped Directly to Your School
Donors Receive a List
of the Items Purchased
*Before you can start fundraising, you must have approval from the appropriate authorizer that clearly states you have permission to fundraise on behalf of your school on AdoptAClassroom.org. Learn more here.
**AdoptAClassroom.org retains a 10% fee on every donation made to a school through our platform. As a nonprofit organization, these fees cover the technology and staff time required to support the program. Please see our Frequently Asked Questions page for more information.
Benefits of AdoptAClassroom.org
- It’s free to sign up and easy to use. Our platform is designed with busy professionals in mind. Registration is free, and takes less than five minutes.
- We’re a nonprofit. As a 501(c)(3) organization, we hold a 4-star rating from Charity Navigator, and all donations are tax-deductible.
- No risks. Donations can be spent anytime. School administrators are not locked into specific fundraising goals, and they do not have to wait until their fundraising goals are met to access and spend their funds.
- Flexible spending. Schools have dynamic and changing needs. We believe school administrators are professionals who know best what their schools need. Our program gives you discretion and flexibility to spend funds based on your school’s real-time needs.
- Monthly giving for ongoing support. Donors can make a monthly contribution so everyone saves time and you always have funds you can count on.
- K-12 principals or other school administrators* in all U.S. States & Territories
- Accredited Private, Public, or Charter Schools
- Prekindergarten programs are permitted, but only if they are based in an accredited K-12 school
*Our School Program is designed to help principals fundraise for their school. Principals may delegate the responsibility to another administrator as appropriate, such as a vice principal or administrative assistant.
If you are a teacher, please read more about our
Teacher Program here.
Tips for Success
1. Create a Strong School Page
2. Make Your School Page Public-Facing*
If your district allows crowdfunding, be sure to make your school page public-facing so donors can find you. More info here.
*This is optional. If you choose to create a non-public facing page, you are still eligible to apply for grants and other funding opportunities for your school. More info here.
3. Log In Regularly
We strongly recommend logging into your AdoptAClassroom.org account at least every few months to make updates to your page if needed. When we have funding available from corporate sponsors and foundations we give priority to users with active and updated pages.
If you have not logged in for three months, we may consider your page inactive and you could miss out on sponsorship funding or monthly gifts. If your page is deactivated, it will not be visible on our website. If that happens, you can log in and reactivate your school fundraising page at any time.
4. Read our Fundraising Resources
We have several ways you can boost fundraising for your School:
Detailed Guide to School Pages
- A step-by-step guide for school administrators with tips on how to create a strong school page, set a fundraising goal, and tell your story. Read it here.
Fundraising Toolkit on the School Dashboard
- Log in to AdoptAClassroom.org to access resources and templates you can use to ask for donations from your community, including: a sample email, social media post and cover letter, and a flyer you can download and email or print. Please customize the messaging as much as you like.
Fundraising Tips on our Blog
- For more fundraising tips and tricks, read our Best Fundraising Tips for Schools blog post.
Crowdfunding Best Practices
Materials, not cash.
No cash changes hands. We order all items requested by teachers and school administrators. All orders are shipped directly to schools.
Transparency at every step.
Donors receive an itemized list of everything purchased with their donation.
Teachers and school administrators are required to thank their donors, and complete an impact report detailing how the donation helped students.
School ownership of funded materials.
Items funded through AdoptAClassroom.org are considered property of the school.
District visibility and reporting.
We can provide itemized reports that list everything ordered by teachers and school administrators.
Privacy policies to protect students.
Our policies are designed to protect student privacy. Information or images not in compliance will be removed from our site.
Other Funding Opportunities
AdoptAClassroom.org is not just a crowdfunding platform. We are a national nonprofit dedicated to equity in education. Our donors and corporate sponsors work with us to fund schools locally and nationally. Here are some of the ways that we provide funding for schools outside of traditional crowdfunding.
Check out the Funding Opportunities section on our blog for current programs.
Adoption “Match” Programs
- National corporate sponsors contribute to AdoptAClassroom.org and ask us to “match” them with schools that fit their criteria, such as location, curriculum focus, or Title 1 status. School administrators who log in regularly and have strong fundraising pages have the best chance of being selected.
Sweepstakes and Giveaways
- School administrators can enter their school to be eligible for funding on AdoptAClassroom.org, or for free school supplies. Register for our quarterly newsletter to receive regular updates with details on these periodic funding opportunities.
- Several times each year, we alert school administrators about Spotlight Fund grant opportunities. Our Spotlight Funds support High-Needs, STEAM, Inclusive Classrooms, Disaster Relief, and more. Register your school to receive our quarterly newsletter, including Spotlight Fund opportunities and updates.
What Principals and District Leaders
“AdoptAClassroom.org was extremely easy to work with. Their staff was available throughout the entire process to help us get what we needed. Teachers were able to get materials to support student learning that were not within our school budget. We were very impressed with how user-friendly the site is, and with the quality and variety of vendors. I would absolutely work with AdoptAClassroom.org again. I was very impressed by the professionalism and support I received.”
-Alison, Principal, Sparks, NV
“AdoptAClassroom.org is a trusted partner, committed to carefully considering where their funds will do the most good for our students. We thank AdoptAClassroom.org for their invaluable support of our schools and students.”
-Mariano Guzmán, Senior Advisor, Office of the Chancellor, NYC Department of Education
“Working with AdoptAClassroom.org was a fun and joyous experience. They’re well-organized and easy to work with. No one at our school had to do anything to receive the funds. It was a gift from start to finish.”
-Traci, Academic Dean of Administration, St. Paul, MN
We are so glad you’re taking the next step with us
to help your students succeed in their learning.
Get started today by registering here.
Raise your hand to learn more.
Subscribe to AdoptAClassroom.org updates.