It’s Not Back to School
our mission anchor
Powering today’s classrooms to prepare tomorrow’s graduates.
We offer the most flexible and accountable funding for teachers and schools through our proprietary, easy-to-use fundraising platform.
our impact anchor
We’re making a difference.
Years in operation
Million students supported
Million raised to date
corporate sponsorships anchor
We offer customized programs that engage our sponsors’ customers, employees, and vendor partners.
Click below to learn more.
- Fully integrated and customizable campaigns, unique to each sponsor.
- Evergreen, episodic, or seasonal activations that can take place during key-business times: Back-to-School, Teacher Appreciation Week, holiday, or other strategic times throughout the year.
- Local, regional, and/or national.
- Sponsors support individual teachers.
- We identify and match teachers to sponsors based on sponsors’ objectives: key-business markets, curriculum focus, grade levels, or other sponsor criteria.
Surprise Adoption Events
- These in-school events provide sponsors with a highly engaging, in-person experience in their key-business markets.
- Sponsors present the donation at a school-wide assembly.
- Sponsors often invite local media, C-suite executives, and field employees to participate.
- These funds focus on a specific subject or unique need: STEAM, New Teachers, Inclusive Classroom, Highest-Need, and Disaster Relief.
- Grants are awarded based on teachers’ or administrators’ proposals.
- Sponsors support individual schools.
- We identify and match schools to sponsors based on sponsors’ objectives: key-business markets, curriculum focus, grade level, educational innovations, or other sponsor criteria.
Teacher Appreciation Week
- Teacher thank-you eCard campaign, a thank-you movement the first week in May.
- Sponsors invite their employees, customers, and the public to send free thank-you eCards to all of the teachers in their lives.
All corporate sponsors receive unique, branded content from teachers and schools to use for storytelling and marketing their social impact.
Contact us to learn more.
in the news anchor
our team anchor
Jen Swanson, Chair
Founder & Principal, Jen Swanson LLC
Matt Johnson, Vice Chair
Director, Technology, West Monroe Partners
Julie Krueger, Secretary
Americas Staffing Director, Google
Kurts Strelnieks, Treasurer
Vice President, Commercial Lender, Union Bank & Trust
Ami Miesner Anderson
VP Brand Marketing and Performance – Tenet Healthcare
Chief Information Officer, ECMC Group
Head of product, HupBeat
former National Director of Business Development; Commercial & Corporate Baking, Wealth Management, U.S. Bank*
Davis, Wright Tremain
Founder and Chief
Minnesota Austism Center
Principal, Maxfield Elementary School
(*) Former / Retired
AdoptAClassroom.org Advisory Council
Dr. Hines and COMMON
Dr. Hines shares AdoptAClassroom.org’s commitment to teachers and children, particularly in under-served schools. She currently serves as President of the COMMON Ground Foundation and a member of both the Chicago Board of Education and the Obama Foundation. As a retired teacher and principal, Dr. Hines uses her 35 years of experience working in urban areas throughout the country to develop effective school leaders who will guide others to provide the best possible education for children least likely to receive it.
National Spokesperson and Partner
As a former teacher, Sheryl knows first hand how hard it can be to get the supplies needed to help your students. Sheryl is passionate about education and a huge advocate for our teachers. She believes being a teacher is one of the most important jobs there is and they should treated as professionals and given the respect, support and supplies they need to educate our nation’s children.
Senior Partner / Co-Founder
Scott is a recognized expert on cause-related marketing and strategic philanthropy. He is known for his ability to build strong associations between corporations and their core causes. As a public relations practitioner for more than 25 years, Scott has counseled and led teams in creative strategy and partnership marketing efforts. He shares his expertise as part of the AdoptAClassroom.org Advisory Council.
Raise your hand to learn more.
Subscribe to AdoptAClassroom.org updates.