Setting up a free School ProfIle Page on AdoptAClassroom.org is designed to be quick and easy, but we understand you may have some questions along the way. One thing we want to make sure all of our School Program users understand is what it means to have a Public-Facing School Profile Page vs. a Non Public-Facing School Profile Page.
What is a Public-Facing Profile Page?
- A Public-Facing School Profile Page is only required if you intend to crowdfund on AdoptAClassroom.org. It will be visible on our website so donors across the country can learn more about your school and fundraising needs. You can also share and promote your page to ask your school’s community of parents, family, friends, local business owners, and others to donate.
- To ensure full compliance with district and/or school policies, before your School Profile Page can be made public-facing, we require an approval letter from the district, or an appropriate senior level executive, that clearly states that you have authorization to fundraise on behalf of your school. Click here for guidance on what the letter should say. Your School Profile Page will not be made public-facing until our team approves your letter.
- When donors visit AdoptAClassroom.org, they can find Public-Facing School Profile Pages by clicking “Fund A School.” If you chose to upload a photo and/or video to your School Profile Page, donors will be able to view those as well.
- To view the Public-Facing School Profile Pages on our site, click here. If you choose to make your School Profile Page public-facing, it will appear on our site with the other Public-Facing Pages.
What are the benefits of a Public-Facing Profile Page?
- An easy way to reach out to your school’s community network to raise funds. You can share and promote your Public-Facing School Profile Page via social media, email, newsletters, and other channels. You can also ask PTO/PTAs, faculty, parents, and other members of your community to share and promote your page.
- Increased access to funding. Your School Profile Page will be visible to our national network of donors. This gives your school more exposure to potential donors you may not have a connection with already.
If you choose to make your School Profile Page public-facing, please read these fundraising tips on our blog.
What is a Non Public-Facing Profile Page?
- We understand that your district or school may have concerns about crowdfunding, and may even have a policy in place that restricts, or places specific rules around crowdfunding. If this is the case, a Non Public-Facing School Profile Page is a great option for your school.
- Since the page is not public-facing and cannot be used for crowdfunding, we do not require an approval letter.
- While Non Public-Facing School Profile Pages cannot be used for crowdfunding, they still give your school access to funding opportunities from our network of business donors, corporate sponsors, and foundation partners. You also can apply for AdoptAClassroom.org Spotlight Fund grants. Sign up for our mailing list to receive updates on these periodic funding opportunities via email.
Haven’t created your School Profile Page yet? Click here to complete your free and quick registration for our School Program. It takes less than five minutes.