This back-to-school season, AdoptAClassroom.org is awarding $100 and $1,000 Classroom Adoptions to teachers at high-needs schools.
63% of top-performing teachers cited poverty as being one of the barriers to learning that most affects their students. That’s one of the reasons why the AdoptAClassroom.org Highest-Need Fund supports educators facing the impact of poverty in the classroom – so you can get your students what they need and get back to teaching.
Application and Evaluation Criteria
- Upload a high-quality photo of yourself or a photo of your classroom (no student faces visible – read our tips here). To upload your photo, click Update My Information on the Teacher Dashboard, and click the photo icon.
- In the Description section, tell a specific and unique story about your classroom. This can be an anonymous story of a student, a story about a personal struggle or success, or anything else that highlights the uniqueness of your classroom.
- In the “How will you spend your funds?” section, share your vision of how additional funding can transform your classroom. Highlight any unique ideas that will promote student learning, and list specific items you will purchase if known.
- In either section, describe why your classroom is in need. Discuss specifically how poverty affects your classroom or students.
- In either section use the hashtag “#HighNeeds19” so we know you applied for this classroom adoption.
If you are having trouble creating or updating your classroom page, please read this blog post before contacting us.
Requirements for 2019 Highest-Need Fund
- Any PreK-12 teacher or certified staff member employed at a public K-12 school with Title 1 students (as verified by the National Center of Education Statistics) will be considered. If your school does receive Title 1 funding but you do not see your school accurately listed in their database, please contact our staff at [email protected] to let us know.
- Teachers in all 50 states and all US Territories are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants are encouraged to research the materials and supplies available for purchase on the AdoptAClassroom.org marketplace.
- Teachers applying for funds give consent for their name/school to be published in a communication to AdoptAClassroom.org donors, or on the AdoptAClassroom.org blog in a post about the year’s recipients of Highest-Need Fund donations.
AdoptAClassroom.org will evaluate each classroom page individually and award Classroom Adoptions by October 31, 2019. The applications with the highest scores will receive $1,000 each, and we will fund as many classrooms at $100 as we can. Adopted teachers will be asked to complete a survey and provide photos/video to help us thank the donors of our Highest-Need Fund who made this opportunity possible.
If you are unsure if your classroom or school qualifies for this funding, please contact our team at [email protected].
Remember – you do not have to wait until we select classrooms in October to receive a donation! Check out the crowdfunding tips section of our blog, and start sharing your page with potential donors after you update it.