Elmer’s has pledged to donate $10,000 to Adopt-A-Classroom and, at first, only blog posts were accepted as a form of support. However, you can now create a Facebook Note to help raise $10 towards the $10,000 goal.
So if you have a Facebook account, here’s what you can do write a Facebook Note worth $10:
- Log in to Facebook and at your profile page, there’s either 1) a Notes tab or 2) the option to go to Notes by clicking on the + sign.
- Include the Rules. Write a quick message about the purpose of creating this Note and share the Note with friends (nothing fancy required – you can just say you’re creating the Note to help Adopt-A-Classroom). Then copy and paste the campaign rules (see them below).
- BEFORE you publish … change the privacy setting by going to “Note Privacy” which appears just above the Publish button. Make sure you’ve selected “Everyone” so that it’s a public note (no other privacy settings for your account will be changed).
- AFTER you publish… show Elmer’s that you’ve created the Facebook Note! Copy and paste the URL for your post here: http://bagitforward.org/donate-a-bag/#comment.
Click here for an example (you’ll have to log in to see it).
And that’s it! You’ll have helped to raise $10 for Adopt-A-Classroom, towards our goal of $10,000.
Deadline is Friday, September 10th so please create your note today if you’d like to help!
ELMER’S VIRTUAL BAG IT FORWARD RULES
- Copy and paste these rules into your blog post or Facebook Note
- Create a post giving a “virtual bag of school supplies” to other bloggers or write about your Back to School shopping trip
- Link back to the person who gave you a bag of school supplies (or share the message with other friends)
- Let each person you are giving a virtual bag of school supplies know you have given them a bag.
- Leave your link in the Elmer’s Virtual Bag It Forward comment section. You can also find the official rules of this virtual #bagitforward program there.
- Elmer’s is donating $10 for each blog participating in the Virtual Bag It Forward Donation to Adopt-A-Classroom (up to total of $10,000 for blog posts written by September 10, 2010).
- Please note that only one blog post per blog url will count towards the donation.