AdoptAClassroom.org is now accepting applications for our Fall 2022 Spotlight Fund Grants. We will be accepting applications for the Arts Fund.
This fall’s grant process will involve two rounds. Round #1 is a simple form for educators that will take only a few minutes to fill out. Enter Round #1 through October 10, 2022. 100 educators will be selected for $100 on AdoptAClassroom.org and be invited to fill out the Round #2 written application for a $1,000 classroom grant. Read on for more information about the application process, including the questions for Round #2.
This grant opportunity is funded by Thrivent and The Windgate Foundation, to support arts education, from drama to finger-painting, across the nation.
Looking for grant-writing tips and resources? Check out our blog for resources about grant writing or our Fundraising Guide for more.
Fall 2022 Classroom Grant Timeline
- October 10, 2022: Round #1 Application Closes
- October 17, 2022: Accepted Applicants Notified and Invited to Apply for Round #2
- October 31, 2022: Round #2 Application Closes
- November 14, 2022: $1,000 Grants Awarded
- January 30, 2023: Impact Reports Due
- Educators must have a complete AdoptAClassrom.org classroom or school page by the application deadline. A complete page answers all writing prompts and includes a photo. Teachers and Schools: Log in here or register here to create your profile page.
- Educators who apply for funds give consent for their application and classroom or school page content, name, photo, city/state, and name of the school where they teach to be published in communications by AdoptAClassroom.org and/or their partners to promote their mission and/or partnership.
- Educators who have had $50 or more of AdoptAClassroom.org funds expire from their account, due to a failure to spend funds prior to the 12-month expiration date of donations, are ineligible for Spotlight Fund Grants.
- Educators applying for funds give consent for their application content, name, photo, and school name to be published in communications by AdoptAClassroom.org and/or their partners to support their mission.
Round #1 Evaluation Criteria
AdoptAClassroom.org will be evaluating Round #1 applications for the following:
- School Need: Educator’s school fits AdoptAClassroom.org’s definition of a high-needs school based on the following:
- Relatively high number of students receiving free or reduced-priced lunch (80% or above)
- Relatively high number of students with IEP’s
- Relatively high number of English-language learners
- School location (to ensure disbursement of funds nationwide)
- Number of students benefiting from the grant
- or Educator gave a compelling reason why their classroom is in need if their school does not meet this criteria
- Educator Need and Activity:
- Educator has not received donation(s) on AdoptAClassroom.org valued at more than $500 in the previous 12 months.
- Educator has logged into their AdoptAClassroom.org account recently.
Round #2 Application Information
100 educators will be invited to apply for a $1,000 Spotlight Fund Grant from AdoptAClassroom.org. To be considered for a grant, educators will need to answer the following written questions by October 31, 2022 to be considered. Educators selected to apply for Round #2 will be notified by email with the application link.
$1,000 grants will be awarded by November 14, 2022. All Round #2 grant recipients will be required to submit an Impact Report by January 30, 2023.
Each written application will be evaluated by at least two AdoptAClassroom.org staff and scored out of a total of 10 points.
Educators will be asked to respond to the following questions in writing:
- Describe why you need funding to support your arts-based curriculum. Tell us something unique and/or specific about your classroom. For example, you could talk about how the pandemic or other recent events have affected you and your students, or tell a story about a specific student (please keep their identity anonymous), a personal struggle or success, or anything else that highlights the uniqueness of your classroom.
- How will this arts grant help you and your students? Share your vision of how this grant will help you engage your students in the arts and meet their needs. Please highlight any unique ideas, programs, or projects that will promote student learning and engagement, and paint a clear picture of how this idea would look if it came to life.
- What would you purchase with this arts grant? Please be as specific as possible. Applicants are encouraged to research the materials and supplies available for purchase on the AdoptAClassroom.org Marketplace.
- Educator clearly explains their need for funding to support their arts-based curriculum and their unique needs. (5 points)
- Educator articulates a problem that a $1,000 grant can realistically address and how the grant will make an impactful change in their classroom or for their students. (5 points)
New! Teacher Leader Grants Program
This fall, we are also introducing our new Spotlight Teacher Leader Grants Program! In all of our programs, we strive to prioritize teachers as leaders of their classrooms and experts in their field. In recognition of the leaders among our community of teachers, we are launching the Teacher Leader Program, through which teachers can win $1,500 classroom grants for sharing their best practices with the AdoptAClassroom.org community. Eligible teachers will be invited to apply via email based on criteria including past engagement with AdoptAClassroom.org. This fall we will invite Teacher Leaders in the areas of Arts, STEM, and Inclusive Classrooms.
Winning grants and resources from the Teacher Leader program will be shared in our newsletter, so stay tuned!
To learn about existing or future grant opportunities, be sure to register your classroom here.