** The donation match is over. Thank you to everyone who participated. **
As the end of the first semester approaches, teachers are starting to run out of supplies for the year. We can help. In honor of Giving Tuesday, we’re matching donations to PreK-12 teachers and schools on AdoptAClassroom.org! Our Giving Tuesday matching funds will help make your donation go twice as far and provide educators with the learning materials their students need.
Starting at 7am CST on November 30, 2021, when you donate to a classroom or school on AdoptAClassroom.org, we’ll double your donation, up to $50*. Our one-day match ends at 9pm CST, or when we reach our $10K goal.
According to AdoptAClassroom.org’s 2021 Teacher Survey, 95% of teachers said their school supply budget was not enough to meet their students’ needs. For many teachers, their budget was depleted at the beginning of the year on back-to-school supplies. Teachers need community support to replenish basic supplies for their classrooms.
Giving Tuesday is the most charitable global giving day of the year! If you’re an educator, share your classroom page with your network as soon as possible on November 30 so you don’t miss out on Giving Tuesday matching funds. Not registered on AdoptAClassroom.org? Create a classroom page before we start matching donations. See our step-by-step directions here.
Guidelines to Qualify for Giving Tuesday Matching Funds
AdoptAClassroom.org’s Giving Tuesday match begins at 7am CST on Tuesday, 11/30/2021 and ends at 9pm CST on Tuesday, 11/30/2021, or when we hit our $10k goal. Donors will be notified via email by 6pm CST on 12/1/2021 if their donation earned a match. We will update this blog page the moment the match runs out.
Donations must be processed on 11/30/21 while we still have Giving Tuesday Matching Funds remaining. Mailed checks and pledges are not eligible for a match. Giving Tuesday matching funds will be disbursed within a week to the teacher’s AdoptAClassroom.org account.
In case of monthly donations, AdoptAClassroom.org will match the first donation on 11/30/21 up to $50, but not the following monthly gifts.
Donation Match Guidelines
To support as many classrooms as possible:
- Unique donations will be matched up to a maximum of $50
- If an individual makes 1+ donation(s) to different teachers/schools, all donations will be matched
- If an individual makes 1+ donation(s) to the same teacher/school, only one donation will be matched
- If a teacher/school receives 1+ donation(s) from different donors, all donations will be matched
- If a teacher/school donates to their own page, the donation is not eligible for a match
- If a donation is made on any website other than AdoptAClassroom.org, the donation is not eligible for a match