As a virtual, nonprofit organization, we send important messages that help us make a difference in classrooms across the nation every day. Often these messages are delivered by email only, and we want to ensure you receive them.
Teachers and principals receive messages when they have a new donation in their account to spend, when they have funds available that will soon expire, or when their classroom page is about to be deactivated due to inactivity.
Donors receive messages from teachers or principals they supported, and impact reports detailing how their gift was spent on classroom materials.
Here are a few easy steps to make sure you never miss one of these important messages:
Add AdoptAClassroom.org to Your Safe Senders/Whitelist
- Click the Settings “Gear” in the top-right corner.
- Choose Settings.
- Open Filters and Blocked Addresses tab.
- Click “Create a New Filter” link.
- In the “From” field add @adoptaclassroom.org.
- Click Create Filter.
- Select “Never send to Spam”
- Click “Create Filter” to finish and save.
- Click the Home tab.
- Click Junk.
- Click Junk E-mail Options.
- Click Safe Senders.
- Click Add.
- Enter @adoptaclassroom.org and additional information if you wish.
- Click OK to finish.
- In Mac OS X top menu click Mail > Preferences.
- Click Rules tab.
- Click Add Rule.
- Name your rule “Whitelist AdoptAClassroom.org”.
- For conditions, set drop down menu to any.
- In the next two drop down menus, select From for the first menu and Ends With for the second.
- In the text field following Ends With, type @adoptaclassroom.org.
- In the Perform the following actions section, set the drop down sections to Move Message to Inbox.
- In your Yahoo inbox, click the address book icon under the Yahoo! Mail logo. When you roll your mouse over it, it will say Contacts.
- Click “New Contact”.
- Fill in the fields of your Contact.
- Click Save.
- From your Hotmail inbox, click Options located at the upper-right side of the page.
- Select More Options.
- Under Preventing junk email, click Safe and blocked senders.
- Click Safe Senders.
- In the text box, type in @adoptaclassroom.org then click Add to list >>.
Gmail Inbox Tabs
If you use Gmail, AdoptAClassroom.org notifications may end up in your “Promotions” tab. If this happens, there is an easy fix to ensure our emails are delivered to your main inbox so you do not miss them in the future.
- Look for the email inside the “Promotions” tab.
- Click, drag and drop it into the Primary tab.
- A message will appear asking if you would like to do this for future messages from this sender. Select “Yes”.
Now you will receive messages from AdoptAClassroom.org in your inbox! If you have any trouble receiving messages from us, or need to update your email address for any reason, please contact [email protected] and we will help you sort it out.