Support Teachers with AdoptAClassroom.org
Help teachers equip their students for success.
National Teacher Flash Fund: VTech
VTech surprised 100 Pre-K teachers who work in high-needs schools with $250 each. Hear from teachers the difference they made.
Local Teacher Matching: Burlington
Since 2017, AdoptAClassroom.org has matched hundreds of Burlington stores with a local teacher in need each year. Here’s one teacher’s story.
National Teacher Giveaway: Lenovo
Lenovo invited the public to nominate PreK-12 teachers for a chance to win a $1,000 grant on AdoptAClassroom.org. Learn more here.
On average, teachers spend $750 out of pocket each year to equip their classrooms. Due to the pandemic, they are spending more than ever before. They need your help.
AdoptAClassroom.org makes it easy to support teachers quickly. Whether you’re looking for a turn-key program or a highly-customized campaign, we’ve got you covered.
How It Works
- We connect your team with PreK-12 public, private, or charter school teachers across the country or in the communities where you do business.
- We can identify teachers by grade levels, subject areas, and unique needs.
- If your objective is community engagement, we can support programs that invite your online community to nominate and/or vote for the teachers they want to receive funding.
- Your donations go to AdoptAClassroom.org (an award-winning 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization). In turn, we disburse the funds to our registered teachers in the form of AdoptAClassroom.org credit in their proprietary AdoptAClassroom.org accounts. To ensure accountability, no cash changes hands with our teachers.
- Teachers will receive email notifications that your company has adopted their classroom and funds are available in their AdoptAClassroom.org account. Depending on the scope of sponsorship, we can co-brand the notification email to include your campaign messaging or website link.
- Before teachers can shop, they are automatically prompted to email their donors a thank-you note.
- Teachers use their credit to shop in the AdoptAClassroom.org marketplace of 30 education and school supply vendors.
- Teachers are given the freedom to choose the supplies they need, when they need them. They have up to 12 months to spend their funds.
- Our vendor partners ship orders to our teachers’ schools.
- Our technology platform provides AdoptAClassroom.org a full accounting of every dollar spent.
- Sponsors can also receive an email from each teacher listing everything purchased using your donation.
- Depending on the scope of your sponsorship, we may provide you with a final Impact Report with a summary of how your donation was used, stories from teachers, and photos from the classrooms you supported.
Ways You Can Select Teachers to Support
- We can match your company with registered AdoptAClassroom.org teachers based on location, subject area, grade level, need, or other criteria.
- Host a giveaway where your online community can nominate and/or vote for teachers.
- You can support teachers in any or all of the communities where you operate, or you can choose your key markets.
- Select a school and conduct a Surprise Adoption Event.
- Give to a Spotlight Fund.
- We love to hear from you the new ways to support classrooms in need!
Why Flexible Funding Matters
We hear regularly from educators across the country who tell us that flexible funding makes the biggest impact for students in need. In order to empower our educators with the ability to choose and purchase the supplies they need, while remaining accountable to our sponsors and donors, we employ a proven credit model.
We’re very proud of the fact that we can provide our educators with the flexible funding they need. The COVID-19 pandemic is a good example of how flexible funding can make a big difference.
During the winter of 2020, when the COVID-19 pandemic shut down schools across the nation, educators needed to pivot their teaching to distance learning. The flexibility of AdoptAClassroom.org funding gave educators the autonomy necessary to respond quickly to their students’ needs so the educators could return to teaching. Distance learning required more technology, teaching software, duplication of basic supplies for students’ homes, and PPE. Educators were able to shift their plans and use their funding to satisfy these unexpected expenses and critical needs.
Benefits of Partnering with AdoptAClassroom.org
- We are a 22-year-old nonprofit with proven success.
- Partnering with a non-profit organization builds credibility. AdoptAClassroom.org is a respected, national 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that holds the highest 4-Star Charity Navigator rating and the highest platinum rating of transparency from GuideStar.
- Access to our highly-engaged PreK-12 teacher constituency.
- Cause-marketing expertise from Fortune 100 brands. Read more about our team here.
- Strategy counsel and support with planning and execution.
- Usage rights of AdoptAClassroom.org creative assets to leverage in your own internal and external marketing, e.g., logo, key messaging, social images, and infographics.
- When requested, AdoptAClassroom.org can provide you with a report listing all of the supplies purchased with your donation.