Disaster Relief for Teachers and Schools
Help get kids back in the classroom.
Paradise, CA Wildfires: Zuora
Zuora employees helped fundraise for Paradise Middle School Learn More
Hurricane Maria Relief: OOLY
OOLY helped fund two schools in Puerto Rico to help them rebuild following Hurricane Maria. Learn More.
COVID-19 Relief Fund: VTech
VTech supported teachers during the COVID-19 pandemic to help keep kids learning. Learn More.
Schools and educators provide support, safety, and a sense of community for our nation’s students. A natural or man-made disaster, such as hurricanes, fires or a pandemic, can take that away in an instant. The aftermath often leaves educators scrambling to not only meet students’ learning needs, but also their basic needs, including food, shelter, and mental health. Together, through our Disaster Relief Fund, we can support educators and students when they need it most, because learning can’t stop.
What is the Disaster Relief Fund?
The Disaster Relief Fund is one of our Spotlight Funds (our overarching grant program that offers PreK-12 educators an opportunity to apply for funding to support specific needs or subject areas). In the case of our Disaster Relief Fund, the need is to recover and rebuild from a disaster. Many teachers spend years investing their personal money to create a rich learning environment for their students. While schools have insurance to cover rebuilding costs, our fund helps educators replace destroyed classroom supplies and meet students’ needs in the wake of a disaster. To restock their classrooms and support their students, educators often need a wide variety of resources including basic classroom materials, technology (hardware and software) for distance learning, nutritious food, basic clothing, and personal hygiene items.
How does the Disaster Relief Fund work?
Donors (individuals, small businesses, foundations, and corporate sponsors) give to the Disaster Relief Fund to help educators and students in communities impacted by a disaster.
Or become a Title Sponsor of the AdoptAClassroom.org Disaster Relief Fund. In this case, your funding will allow us to respond quickly when a disaster strikes.
AdoptAClassroom.org works with the most impacted school districts and schools to identify where they need help. We also utilize our database of registered teachers to identify specific classrooms in need. Disaster Relief Fund Grants help educators purchase items that directly impact students at the classroom level. Depending on the program, grantees may be asked to submit a final impact report, including photos or videos to share with supporters of the Fund.
How can my company get involved?
The Disaster Relief Fund allows your company to respond to current events quickly and make sure the funds get to the schools and teachers that need them most. We provide full transparency, so you know how your donation is being used to support students. We provide a turn-key program with marketing assets to help you communicate your support in your internal and external marketing. We can also produce a co-branded landing page for you to use to engage employees and/or customers, inviting them to donate as well. We have found the majority of our sponsors appreciate our expertise, and the fact we can manage the program from start to finish.
We also welcome donations to our general Disaster Relief Fund throughout the year. This allows us to respond quickly when disasters hit.
As determined by your level of sponsorship and scope of campaign, benefits may include:
- Your brand in front of our hyper-targeted audience of PreK-12 educators.
- Category exclusivity.
- Naming rights or brand credit lines, e.g., Title Sponsor, Presenting Sponsor, or Supporting Sponsor.
- Ability to target key markets impacted by disaster.
- Your name/logo featured on AdoptAClassroom.org’s homepage, sponsor page, and/or dedicated Disaster Relief Page.
- Creative content and messaging to use in your internal and external marketing.
- Opportunities for employee engagement and donation matching.
- Customized marketing plan to amplify your campaign through our owned marketing channels and tools.
- Final impact report outlining items purchased with your donation, and thank you content from classrooms (personal notes, testimonials, videos, and/or photos) to use in your internal and external marketing.
Benefits of Partnering with AdoptAClassroom.org
- We are a 22-year-old nonprofit with proven success.
- Partnering with a non-profit organization builds credibility. AdoptAClassroom.org is a respected, national 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that holds the highest 4-Star Charity Navigator rating and the highest platinum rating of transparency from GuideStar.
- Access to our highly-engaged PreK-12 teacher constituency.
- Cause-marketing expertise from Fortune 100 brands. Read more about our team here.
- Strategy counsel and support with planning and execution.
- Usage rights of AdoptAClassroom.org creative assets to leverage in your own internal and external marketing, e.g., logo, key messaging, social images, and infographics.
- When requested, AdoptAClassroom.org can provide you with a report listing all of the supplies purchased with your donation.