Support Schools with AdoptAClassroom.org
Make a difference for every classroom and every student.
Support for Community Schools: Heartland Financial
Heartland Financial’s 11 member banks each adopted a high-needs school in their community with $20,000. Learn more.
Nationwide School Sweepstakes: Quaker
Quaker’s Back-to-School Sweepstakes called for nominations for schools to win $1,000 each. Learn more.
Targeted Science Support: Wonder Bread
Wonder Bread donated funds to support school-wide science initiatives at 10 schools. Learn more.
Since 1998, AdoptAClassroom.org has supported teachers with the funds they need to purchase the supplies students deserve. Over time, students’ needs have changed. Today’s classrooms need more than basic supplies. They are in desperate need of more technology, diverse books, hands-on experiential STEM labs, and other expensive tools and resources that make the most sense funded at the school level.
How It Works
- We connect your team with public, private, or charter schools across the nation or in the communities where you do business.
- We can identify schools by grade levels, subject focus, and unique needs.
- If your objective is community engagement, we can also support programs that invite your online community to nominate and/or vote for the schools they want to receive funding.
- Your donations go to AdoptAClassroom.org (an award-winning, 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization). In turn, we disburse the funds to schools in the form of AdoptAClassroom.org credit in their proprietary AdoptAClassroom.org accounts. To ensure accountability, no cash exchanges hands with our schools.
- Administrators will receive email notifications that your company has adopted their school and funds are available in their AdoptAClassroom.org account. Depending on the scope of sponsorship, we can co-brand emails to include your campaign messaging or website link.
- Before they can shop, schools are automatically prompted to email their donors a thank-you note.
- Schools can use their AdoptAClassroom.org credit to shop in our marketplace of 30 education and school supply vendors.
- Schools are given the freedom to choose the supplies they need, when they need them. They have up to 12 months to spend their funds.
- Our vendor partners ship orders directly to schools.
- Our technology platform provides AdoptAClassroom.org with full accounting of every dollar spent.
- Sponsors can also receive an email from each school listing everything purchased using your donation.
- Depending on the scope of your sponsorship, we may provide you with a final Impact Report with a summary of how your donation was used, stories from the school, and photos from the classrooms you supported.
Ways You Can Select Schools to Adopt
- Fund schools already registered on AdoptAClassroom.org.
- Host a giveaway where your online community can nominate schools.
- Support schools in your local communities.
- AdoptAClassroom.org can match you with a school based on your objectives and criteria.
- Invite employees to nominate their child’s school.
- Surprise Adoption Event
- Give to a Spotlight Fund
- We love to hear your new ways to support schools in need!
Why Flexible Funding Matters
We hear regularly from educators across the country who tell us that flexible funding makes the biggest impact for students in need. In order to empower our educators with the ability to choose and purchase the supplies they need, while remaining accountable to our sponsors and donors, we employ a proven credit model.
We’re very proud of the fact that we can provide our educators with the flexible funding they need. The COVID-19 pandemic is a good example of how flexible funding can make a big difference.
During the winter of 2020, when the COVID-19 pandemic shut down schools across the nation, educators needed to pivot their teaching to distance learning. The flexibility of AdoptAClassroom.org funding gave educators the autonomy necessary to respond quickly to their students’ needs so the educators could return to teaching. Distance learning required more technology, teaching software, duplication of basic supplies for students’ homes, and PPE. Educators were able to shift their plans and use their funding to satisfy these unexpected expenses and critical needs.
Benefits of Partnering with AdoptAClassroom.org
- We are a 22-year-old nonprofit with proven success.
- Partnering with a non-profit organization builds credibility. AdoptAClassroom.org is a respected, national 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that holds the highest 4-Star Charity Navigator rating and the highest platinum rating of transparency from GuideStar.
- Access to our highly-engaged PreK-12 teacher constituency.
- Cause-marketing expertise from Fortune 100 brands. Read more about our team here.
- Strategy counsel and support with planning and execution.
- Usage rights of AdoptAClassroom.org creative assets to leverage in your own internal and external marketing, e.g., logo, key messaging, social images, and infographics.
- When requested, AdoptAClassroom.org can provide you with a report listing all of the supplies purchased with your donation.