Provide your employees with easy ways to give back.
Disaster Relief Fundraising: Zuora
Zuora employees raised funds for Paradise Middle School following the 2018 wildfires in California. Learn More
Virtual Employee Engagement: NWEA
In honor of MLK Day, NWEA employees gave to teachers in lieu of an in-person service project in 2021.
School Fundraising: Indeed
Indeed employees supported six schools across the nation with their company’s payroll giving system.
AdoptAClassroom.org can create a co-branded fundraising page where your employees can donate towards your cause. Each donation is tax-deductible, and AdoptAClassroom.org will provide receipts and updates to those who give about the impact they made. You can also host fundraisers using your company’s payroll giving system like Benevity, but keep in mind these platforms charge extra fees.
Even better! You can plus it up by Incentivizing giving with an employer match or create teams for a little friendly competition.
How It Works
- Select the timing and fundraising goal for your company. The goal may be updated at any time.
- Designate your gift to support teachers, schools, or where it’s needed most. The amount you raise will dictate which designation is best and most impactful.
- Choose your target markets, subject areas, or other areas of interest.
- Provide your marketing assets to AdoptAClassroom.org, e.g., your brand’s logo and any key messaging you plan to use to promote your fundraiser.
- AdoptAClassroom.org designs a co-branded, fundraising page to collect donations.
- Send your fundraising page link out via email or social media to your stakeholders; headquarter and field employees, vendor partners, suppliers, customers, etc.
- AdoptAClassroom.org will manage and track donations.
- Every donor will receive a bounce-back receipt from AdoptAClassroom.org.
- AdoptAClassroom.org offers donor support when needed.
- Depending on the scope of your campaign and the amount raised, AdoptAClassroom.org may provide a final impact report including thank you notes from teachers, classroom photos, and reporting of how teachers spent your donation to support their students.
Custom Ideas to Plus Up Your Fundraiser
- Upgrading your office equipment? Hold a silent auction for the old items with your staff and donate the proceeds.
- Create a Game Show on Zoom where employee teams can “win” funds for a school or Spotlight Fund of their choice by answering trivia questions or playing other games.
- Learn About Spotlight Funds
- Give when your team meets their health or wellness goals.
- Donate extra funds that have not been spent due to the pandemic, like your travel or in-person event budget.
- Make your fundraiser more meaningful. Choose a time of year that is more relevant to teachers or connects to a cause that is important to your employee and/or company’s giving focus.
- January – Martin Luther King Day
- February – Black History Month
- May – Teacher Appreciation Week
- May – Mental Health Awareness Month
- June – Pride Month
- August– Back-to-School
- September 15 – October 15 – Hispanic Heritage Month
- October 5 – World Teachers Day
- November – Native American Heritage Month
- December – Giving Tuesday/Holiday Gift Giving
“What an amazing opportunity! It happened so organically, that it seems divinely orchestrated to me. It has been an ideal partnership from start to finish. I can’t thank the AdoptAClassroom.org team enough for their partnership, patience and support. Given the likelihood of our virtual world existing for a while longer, I anticipate other opportunities to collaborate with AdoptAClassroom.org.” – Tammy Borkcom, Manager, DEIA (Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Accessibility) for NWEA
Benefits of Partnering with AdoptAClassroom.org
- We are a 25-year-old nonprofit with proven success.
- Partnering with a non-profit organization builds credibility. AdoptAClassroom.org is a respected, national 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that holds the highest 4-Star Charity Navigator rating and the highest platinum rating of transparency from GuideStar.
- Access to our highly-engaged PreK-12 teacher constituency.
- Cause-marketing expertise from Fortune 100 brands. Read more about our team here.
- Strategy counsel and support with planning and execution.
- Usage rights of AdoptAClassroom.org creative assets to leverage in your own internal and external marketing, e.g., logo, key messaging, social images, and infographics.
- When requested, AdoptAClassroom.org can provide you with a report listing all of the supplies purchased with your donation.