Surprise School Adoption Events
Engage employees and local media with our turn-key program.
Kennett, MO: Kennett High School Adopted By Farmers Insurance
AdoptAClassroom.org spokesperson and former teacher Sheryl Crow teamed up with the TODAY show and Jenna Hager Bush to surprise teachers at her hometown high school.
East Harlem, NY: Renaissance Art School Adopted By Burlington
Common brought his mother, former teacher and principal, Dr. Mahalia Hines, to help him to surprise fellow educators and students.
Denver, CO: Goldrick Elementary School Adopted By Ron Leary Reach Foundation
Denver Broncos Guard Ronald Leary dropped in to surprise teachers and students at school-wide assemblies at two Colorado schools. The hometown football star scored BIG, giving each school $10,000 to purchase school supplies for their classrooms.
Our Surprise School Adoption Events are a favorite among our sponsors. They are fun, engaging, and an easy way for companies of any size to support PreK-12 schools in communities where their employees and customers live and work. Many of our partners invite local print and broadcast media to attend and cover the surprise events, and/or leverage them for employee engagement activities. School adoption events can be emotionally satisfying for employees and reinforce a sense of pride in your company.
There are several ways to customize School Adoption Events to meet your company’s goals and objectives, while making a difference for teachers and students in need.
Why Partner with AdoptAClassroom.org to Support a School?
- We work directly with school districts and administrators to connect your business with high-needs schools in the community.
- We understand that you have a budget, along with specific cause marketing goals and objectives. We work closely with you to identify the impact you want to make, then recommend a donation amount that can accomplish those goals and fit your budget.
- Our program is turn-key. We coordinate and facilitate event logistics, and provide you with an event guidebook that includes speaking points, a template media alert, and suggested key messaging for your internal and external marketing.
- We provide you with customizable, digital artwork for oversized gift cards to present.
- You’ll receive final impact information and thank-you content from the schools, teachers, and students you support. You can hang these up in your business and share them through your internal and external marketing.
- We’re transparent and accountable. We can provide comprehensive reporting of every school supply purchased with your donation, so you know your dollars were put to good use.
The Benefits of School Adoption Events
- Employee engagement. Invite your team members to experience the event first-hand and see how their company supports their community.
- Local media coverage. Secure local media coverage for your company. Invite the local press to attend and cover the event.
- Creative Content and Storytelling. Immediately following the event, make sure to post photos on social media, and continue to post stories through your internal and external marketing channels.
- Burnish your reputation as a good corporate citizen. Bolster your company’s reputation for doing good. Your business can make a lasting and positive difference in the future lives of many children and their families, some of whom may be your friends, neighbors, and customers.
Benefits of Partnering with AdoptAClassroom.org
- We are a 22-year-old nonprofit with proven success.
- Partnering with a non-profit organization builds credibility. AdoptAClassroom.org is a respected, national 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that holds the highest 4-Star Charity Navigator rating and the highest platinum rating of transparency from GuideStar.
- Access to our highly-engaged PreK-12 teacher constituency.
- Cause-marketing expertise from Fortune 100 brands. Read more about our team here.
- Strategy counsel and support with planning and execution.
- Usage rights of AdoptAClassroom.org creative assets to leverage in your own internal and external marketing, e.g., logo, key messaging, social images, and infographics.
- When requested, AdoptAClassroom.org can provide you with a report listing all of the supplies purchased with your donation.
To make a timely and meaningful impact with your donation, your company could align its school adoption event with a seasonal event or significant time of year, such as Back to School, Teacher Appreciation Week, or the holidays.
Interested in learning more? Contact us at [email protected]
Together, we can make a big difference for teachers and students in need.