Thank you for getting involved with our #TeachersChangeLives campaign!
We feel confident that everyone has a story about a teacher making a huge difference in their life. That’s why we’re asking you to share yours and to encourage others to do the same!
Your participation will help us spread the word: teachers spend on average $600 of their own money to supply their classroom each year. Teachers need our help to keep doing life-changing work.
Also you’ll be entered to win $100 for a classroom of your choice during the month of December! 30 winners will be chosen.
What we’re asking:
By November 21, we’re asking you to record a short (30-second) cellphone/laptop video answering the question:
“How has a teacher changed your life?”
Here’s an example from our social media coordinator. We’re looking for videos that are casual and genuine. Nothing fancy!
If you’d like, check out our subject-area funds, and consider giving to one that corresponds with the teacher you’re talking about.
Please include one of two calls-to-action at the end of your video:
- “That’s why I’m raising a hand with AdoptAClassroom.org, and I hope you’ll join me.”
- “That’s why I donated to the [subject] fund on AdoptAClassroom.org, and I hope you’ll join me.”
Who are we?
AdoptAClassroom.org (AAC) gives teachers a hand by providing much needed classroom supplies and materials to help their students learn and succeed. As an award-winning nonprofit, AAC makes it easy for individual donors and corporate sponsors to provide funding and support to K-12 classrooms in public, private and charter schools throughout the U.S. Founded in 1998, AAC continues to exceed industry standards with a 4-star rating from Charity Navigator.
Teachers Need a Hand Now More Than Ever
- More than half (51%) of America’s kids in public schools live in poverty.
- 91% of teachers purchase basic school supplies for their students whose families are unable to support them.
- On average, teachers spend $600 of their own money each year to equip their classrooms – 20% of teachers spend more than $1000. This totals $1.5 Billion annually.
- Nearly two-thirds of all classroom supplies are purchased by teachers from their own funds. Teachers are supplying their classrooms with everything from pencils to technology to personal hygiene items.
AAC Impact Over Time
- $28 million raised to date
- 143,290 classroom adoptions
- More than 2 million students benefited
- 209,102 teachers registered to have their classrooms adopted
- Adoptions in 48% of all public school districts in the U.S.