OOLY Art Fund Criteria
- Teachers are not required to work for a high-needs school (school-wide Title 1), but teachers must work for an AdoptAClassroom.org-approved public or private school. Priority will be given to high-needs schools, art classrooms, and schools in the San Diego area.
- It is not a requirement that teachers have an active AdoptAClassroom.org classroom page at the time of the application.
- Teachers must be classroom teachers, but it is not required that they be art teachers. Teachers must prove that the funds will go to support creative projects in any subject area.
- Prekindergarten classrooms will not be accepted for the grant.
- Teachers agree to allow AdoptAClassroom.org and OOLY to use application information in marketing for the OOLY Art Fund.
- Teachers must submit a video for part or all of their application. If they cannot provide a video, they must provide photos and a reason why they cannot provide a video.
- Videos and photos cannot include students without a parent/guardian release.
- Teachers can apply for $1,000 or $5,000 grants, the expectations for the $5,000 grant will be higher. AdoptAClassroom.org will limit the $5,000 grant recipients to three total. The remaining grants will be $1,000.
- Teachers must provide details on exactly which product they intend to purchase and the estimated cost of the total grant request. Teachers will be encouraged to research materials on the AdoptAClassroom.org marketplace, but some items outside of the marketplace will be accepted.
OOLY Art Fund Impact Report Criteria
By applying for a donation from the OOLY Art Fund, you are agreeing to the following:
- All teachers must provide an Impact Report by March 1, 2018, or they will not be allowed to apply for any Spotlight Fund grants for two academic years.
- Impact reports are a one-page document about what was purchased for the classroom and the impact made for the teacher and students.
- Teachers must also provide photos. Any photos that include students must be accompanied with a release form signed by a parent/guardian that allows AdoptAClassroom.org and partners to use the photos to publicize the fund.
- All grant recipients must send back thank you letters addressed specifically to OOLY.
- Teachers will be encouraged to post thank you content on social media and tag AdoptAClassroom.org and OOLY appropriately.