2020 Holiday Giving Guide
for Your Business
Your Company Can Have Easy, Turn-Key Ways to Support Education.
Are you and your team members looking for a way
to give back this Holiday Season?
Do you want to turn your holiday celebration into something more meaningful?
Especially this year, when it will be difficult to get together in person.
More than ever before, our K-12 teachers and schools need your support.
Easy Ideas for You and Your Employees To Give Back.
COVID-19 Fund for Teachers and Schools
Keep learning safe. Equip teachers and students with the tools they need whether they’re in the classroom or learning from home.
Local Teachers and Schools
Give to a specific teacher or school in your community. We can match you with a high-needs educator, or your team can select your own.
Racial Equity in Schools Fund
Students of color deserve a school environment
where they can thrive. Help fund training and resources to help educators provide a rich experience for all children.
Help where it’s needed most.
Support teachers and schools in high-needs areas across the country.
Do you have your own idea to support teachers? Contact us at [email protected].
How to Raise Funds to Donate.
We understand the pandemic has made things challenging for businesses everywhere this year. Even with that said, many businesses and their employees still want to partake in the season of giving and do something to make a difference in the lives of others. If your business can’t cut the check this year, consider the following fundraising ideas to make a bigger impact, and create an engaging giving experience for your employees. No amount is too small, and each idea provides a fun team-building opportunity.
1. Donate Your Travel or Event Budget
In 2020, many organizations have looked at areas of their budget that have not been spent due to the pandemic. You can put those funds towards doing good in your community.
2. Gamify A Fundraiser for Added Fun
There are so many creative and fun ways to get your employees excited about giving.
Check out this great idea from one of our partners here. This is something that can be done as a virtual event as well.
Here are a few ideas to engage employees working from home or the office:
- Upgrading your office equipment? Hold a silent auction for the old items with your staff and donate the proceeds.
- Create a Game Show on Zoom where employee teams can “win” funds for a school or Fund of their choice by answering trivia questions or playing other games.
- Give when your team meets their health or wellness goals.
3. Create an Employee Fundraiser
We can create a co-branded fundraising page where your employees can donate towards your cause. Each donation is tax deductible, and AdoptAClassroom.org will provide receipts and updates to those who give about the impact they made.
Read about this partner’s successful employee fundraiser here.
Even better! You can plus it up by Incentivizing giving with an employer match or create teams for a little friendly competition.
Why Support Classrooms This Year?
Teacher Spending Increased in 2020.
Teachers spent an average of $745 on school supplies for their classrooms.
The Cost of Distance Learning.
45% of teachers said their spending has increased since distance learning began.
Many Students Can’t Access Education Online.
Teachers said 43% of students were disengaged during distance learning this spring. Many students missed class because they didn’t have access to technology at home.
Teachers Deliver Materials to Students.
70% of teachers said they have dropped off or mailed items to their students’ homes for distance learning to keep them engaged.
Learn more about how COVID-19 and Distance Learning has impacted teachers and their students here.
“I really just want to hug all these people I’ve never met. It’s the little things that go a long way.”
– Jolie B., Kinder Teacher, speaking about her donors
Benefits of Partnering with AdoptAClassroom.org.
- Since 1998, AdoptAClassroom.org has offered the most flexible and accountable funding for teachers and schools through our proprietary, easy-to-use fundraising platform. Educators can buy what they need for their classrooms and students when they need it.
- We are a credible, national 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that holds the highest 4-Star Charity Navigator rating and the highest platinum rating of transparency from GuideStar.
- As a partner, you receive usage rights of AdoptAClassroom.org creative assets to use in your own internal and external marketing, e.g., logo, key messaging, social images, and infographics. Take credit for supporting your community.
- Creative content from teachers to use in your own internal and external marketing, e.g. event photos, impact stories and teacher thank-you emails.
- If requested, AdoptAClassroom.org can provide you with a report listing all of the supplies purchased with your donation.
Please watch our Why We Matter video to hear directly from teachers the impact we make for their classrooms.
Teachers need your support year-round.
In addition to holiday, please consider the following times of year to support teachers or a time that is most relevant for your business objectives
- January: Restock Month
- February: Valentine’s Day
- Spring: Teacher Appreciation Week (May 3 -7, 2021)
- Summer: Back to School Season
- October: World Teachers’ Day (October 5)
- December: Giving Tuesday and Holiday.
Ready to get started?
Contact us at [email protected].