Confirm Home Email Address:
Confirm Work Email:
Home Email Address:
Work Email Address:
We recognize you as a registered AdoptAClassroom.org user. In order to properly associate your account with your AdoptAClassroom.org account, the alternate email we have on file for AdoptAClassroom.org will be replaced with .
Create a Password:
Choose Security Question
What is your mother's maiden name?
What is your father's middle name?
What is the name of your pet?
What is the name of the town you were born?
What is the brand of your first bike?
What is the make of your first car?
Answer Security Question:
Choose User type
How did you hear about AdoptAClassroom.org?
Kids in Need Foundation
National Education Association (NEA)
NEA Member Benefits (NEAMB)
Newspaper, tv, radio
District Of Columbia
Number of Students:
Family and consumer science
In which of the following areas do you have the greatest need for assistance with classroom materials?
Math, technology and science education, STEM
Literacy, reading materials
Helping underprivileged students bridge the achievement gap
Arts and music education
English language learning
Health, nutrition and physical education
General classroom materials
Pre-K, early learning
Multiculturalism, tolerance education
Special education/special needs
For visitors of our website, provide details about the students you teach and how a donation will help you and your students succeed.
ADOPTACLASSROOM.ORG, INC. WEBSITE ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
AdoptAClassroom.org, Inc., a Florida not-for-profit corporation ("ADOPTACLASSROOM.ORG"), provides the information and services available on its web site located at www.adoptaclassroom.org and other variations of the address (hereinafter, the “Web Site”) under the following terms and conditions. For purposes of this Policy, "you" means yourself, including any entity you represent in connection with your use of this Web Site.
This Acceptable Use Policy (“Policy”) applies whenever you use the Web Site or information services provided on the Web Site (collectively, the "Services"). If you do not accept the terms of this Policy, you may not use the Web Site or Services. AdoptAClassroom.org reserves the right to modify this Policy at any time and will place any changed Policy to the Web Site. You are encouraged to check this Policy each time you access the Web Site. Your continued use of this Web Site indicates you agree to the terms of the most current version of this Policy posted online.
1. USE OF SITE AND SERVICES; SUBSCRIPTION TERMS. AdoptAClassroom.org grants you a limited, non-transferable license to use this Web Site and in connection with the Services, subject to and in accordance with the terms and conditions of this Policy. You agree not use the Web Site or Services in connection with any prohibited uses described in Section 10 below or in any other manner that violates this Policy or applicable laws, rules, orders or regulations.
By submitting a photograph, you represent that verifiable written permission has been obtained from the parent of any student in any uploaded photograph, and that this use of the photograph complies with that permission and any school and school district regulations.
In instances when a teacher does not acknowledge receipt of the donated funds, and in instances the donor has provided contact information to AdoptAClassroom.org, AdoptAClassroom.org shall contact such donor and provide the donor with the options of directing the unused funds to (1) another classroom chosen by the donor (2) an underserved classroom selected by AdoptAClassroom.org in accordance with AdoptAClassroom.org selection criteria or (3) AdoptAClassroom.org general programming fund. If the donation is moved to a new classroom the cycle commences anew.
In instances when a donor does not provide us with contact information we will continue to contact the classroom via phone, fax and email for the remainder of the school year in which the funds were donated and the subsequent school year. If, after exhausting best efforts in contacting the classroom the funds are still not utilized the donation will be redirected into AdoptAClassroom.org general programming fund to further AdoptAClassroom.org’s mission.
If, after exhausting best efforts in contacting a donor of a classroom that has not utilized the funds and the classroom or school does not acknowledge receipt of the donated funds by June 30 of the year subsequent to the school year in which the funds were donated (for example, donations made during the 2006-2007 school year donations will be held until June 30 of 2008) the donation will be redirected into AdoptAClassroom.org general programming fund to further AdoptAClassroom.org’s mission.
In instances where funds are utilized and a balance remains in a classroom account that is less than $5.00, such balance will be redirected into the AdoptAClassroom.org general programming funds account no sooner than June 30 of the year following the school year in which the funds were distributed (for example, balances from donations made during the 2006-2007 school year donations will be held until June 30 of 2008.)While a donor may recommend a classroom to benefit from a donation, AdoptAClassroom.org at all times retains full authority to use the donation in the most effective way possible, consistent with our charitable mission. AdoptAClassroom.org may exercise its discretion to direct the donation to another classroom or school where needed most.
2. COPYRIGHT AND TRADEMARKS. The information available on or through this Web Site, along with all graphics, images, text, information, sounds and other content (collectively "Content") is the property of AdoptAClassroom.org, or its licensors, and is protected by copyright, trademark, service mark and other intellectual property rights. In some circumstances, third parties may post Content which is solely owned or licensed by them. You may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, publish, sell, license, create derivative works or otherwise use any Content available on or through this Web Site for commercial or public purposes. All rights, title and interest in the trade dress, selection, coordination, arrangement and enhancement of the Content are specifically reserved to AdoptAClassroom.org. Your internal reproduction of the Web Site is permitted only to the extent necessary to allow you to utilize the Web Site for non-commercial purposes. Permission is granted to electronically copy and print hard copies of pages from the Web Site solely for your internal, personal use, and any such copies must bear the copyright notice included on each Web page. AdoptAClassroom.org may, in its discretion, block access to the Web Site, and disable and terminate access of accounts who may be infringers.
If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please provide AdoptAClassroom.org’s Copyright Agent (address below) with the following information:
AdoptAClassroom.org’s Agent for Notice of claims of copyright or other intellectual property infringement can be reached as follows, by mail or electronic communications: AdoptAClassroom.org, Inc.4141 NE 2nd Avenue, Suite 203BMiami, FL 33137Attn: Executive DirectorTel: 877.444.7666Fax: firstname.lastname@example.orgPlease note that, due to security concerns, attachments will not be accepted. Accordingly, any notification of infringement submitted electronically with an attachment will not be opened or processed.
3. LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES. This Web Site may contain links that will let you access other Web sites, including, but not limited to, sites of third party services providers (“Service Providers”). The links are only provided as a convenience and AdoptAClassroom.org does not endorse any of these sites or the content, advertising, products and services available on or through such sites. AdoptAClassroom.org assumes no responsibility or liability for any material that may be accessed on other Web sites, even if reached through this Web Site, nor does AdoptAClassroom.org make any representation regarding the quality of any product or service available on or through any such site or from such Service Providers.
4. LINKS FROM THIRD PARTY SITES. AdoptAClassroom.org prohibits unauthorized deep links to the Web Site and the framing of any information contained on the Web Site or any portion of the Web Site. AdoptAClassroom.org reserves the right to disable any unauthorized links or frames. AdoptAClassroom.org has no responsibility or liability for any material on other Web sites that may contain links to this Web Site.
5. DISCLAIMERS OF WARRANTIES.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT ADOPTACLASSROOM.ORG AND THE SITE SOLELY SERVE AS AN INFORMATION SERVICE. ADOPTACLASSROOM.ORG DOES NOT INDEPENDENTLY REVIEW, INVESTIGATE OR VERIFY INFORMATION PROVIDED BY DONORS, BENEFICIARIES, SERVICE PROVIDERS OR OTHERS. ADOPTACLASSROOM.ORG AND ITS COMPANY AFFILIATES DO NOT ACT AS YOUR AGENT OR PROVIDE ADVICE OR GUARANTEE RESULTS.
YOUR USE OF THE SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. INFORMATION PROVIDED BY ADOPTACLASSROOM.ORG, WHETHER ORIGINAL TO ADOPTACLASSROOM.ORG OR FROM THIRD PARTIES, IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. ADOPTACLASSROOM.ORG DOES NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS AS TO THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF INFORMATION ON THIS SITE OR THE QUALITY OR TIMELINESS OF INFORMATION AND SERVICES PROVIDED.
ADOPTACLASSROOM.ORG DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT YOUR USE OF THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, ERROR FREE, SECURE, FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL MATERIALS.
SERVICES MAY BE SUBJECT TO OTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EACH SERVICE PROVIDER. PLEASE CAREFULLY REVIEW EACH SERVICE PROVIDER’S POLICIES PRIOR TO ENGAGING WITH THEM.
6. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY; INDEMNITY. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL ADOPTACLASSROOM.ORG OR ITS AFFILIATES, OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, MEMBERS, EMPLOYEES, SUBCONTRACTORS, ADVISORS, AGENTS, OR THEIR RESPECTIVE SUCCESSORS OR ASSIGNS (collectively, THE "ADOPTACLASSROOM.ORG PARTIES") BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES SUFFERED BY YOU, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, PERSONAL INJURY AND PROPERTY DAMAGE) THAT RESULT FROM YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR SERVICES, OR ACCESS TO, USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE OR SERVICES, EVEN IF ANY AdoptAClassroom.org PARTIES WERE ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY APPLIES WHETHER THE ALLEGED LIABILITIES ARE BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER BASIS. THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF ADOPTACLASSROOM.ORG PARTIES FOR ALL CLAIMS ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND/OR SERVICES SHALL NOT EXCEED $25.00 usd. SOME JURISDICTIONS RESTRICT OR PROHIBIT LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY, IN WHICH CASE THE FOREGOING PROVISIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
YOU AGREE TO HOLD HARMLESS, INDEMNIFY AND DEFEND ADOPTACLASSROOM.ORG PARTIES FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS AND LIABILITIES ARISING FROM USE OF THE SITE AND/OR SERVICES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ACTS OR OMISSIONS OF SERVICE PROVIDERS.
7. PRIVACY. Protecting customer privacy is important to AdoptAClassroom.org. Please read the AdoptAClassroom.org Privacy Statement, which describes how we use, maintain and share personally identifiable and financial information.
8. SECURITY. AdoptAClassroom.org uses commercially reasonable efforts to protect the security of your data submitted on or through the Web Site. However, the security of information transmitted through the Internet can never be guaranteed. AdoptAClassroom.org is not responsible for any interception of any communications through the Internet or Web Site or for changes to or losses of data. See the AdoptAClassroom.org Privacy Statement.
9. TRANSMISSION OF DATA. You acknowledge and agree that any information and data submitted to the Web Site becomes the property of AdoptAClassroom.org, subject to any applicable laws regarding the protection of customers’ personally identifiable and financial information. You expressly authorize the transfer of your data (other than personal financial data) to donors, beneficiaries, program sponsors and Service Providers whom you request to receive your personal data through the functionality provided on the Web Site.
10. PROHIBITED USES. You agree you will not directly or indirectly: interfere with or compromise the operation of the Web Site or intercept, redirect or interfere with messages or data intended for transfer to other parties; access without authorization any computers, accounts or networks or penetrate any security features; interfere with the operation of this Web Site; transmit or distribute destructive information, such as a virus, or engage in mail bombings or distributed denial of service attacks; or tamper with any Content contained on or through the Web Site. You will not use any robot, spider or other automatic device or program to monitor or copy any of the data or content on this Web Site, or otherwise transfer any Web Site data or content for mass distribution or use in any commercial manner.
You represent and warrant that you have the capacity and authority to enter into legal binding agreements, including the authority to be bound to this Policy. We are not required to accept any transactions from users who are less than eighteen (18) years of age.
We cannot guarantee that your use of the Web Site or Services, or purchase of Services through the Web Site, complies with laws outside of the United States. You are solely responsible to comply with the laws of your jurisdiction, and you agree to hold us harmless from your violation of any such laws.
IF YOU BELIEVE Anyone HAS VIOLATED THIS POLICY, PLEASE CONTACT US AT THE ADDRESS BELOW. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REVIEW AND TERMINATE ANY USERS ACCESS TO THE SITE.
11. SITE And services Availability. AdoptAClassroom.org’s objective is to make the Web Site accessible twenty-four (24) hours per day, seven (7) days per week. However, AdoptAClassroom.org may interrupt, limit or suspend the Web Site operations at any time for purposes such as performing maintenance, addressing technical problems, conducting audits, and complying with applicable laws. AdoptAClassroom.org will make reasonable efforts to post notices on the Web Site in advance of material changes to the Web Site or Services.
12. TERMINATION OF ACCESS; REMEDIES. In order to enforce this Policy, such as in the event of any breach or threatened breach, AdoptAClassroom.org may suspend and/or terminate your access to and use of the Web Site and/or Services without notice. You understand and agree that AdoptAClassroom.org shall be entitled to receive preliminary injunctive relief without the necessity of posting bond, along with other equitable and legal remedies against you, with respect to its enforcement of this Policy. If AdoptAClassroom.org or its affiliates takes any legal action against you to enforce this Policy, you will promptly reimburse AdoptAClassroom.org’s reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs incurred.
13. JURISDICTION/GOVERNING LAW. You understand that you are purposely accessing this Web Site of AdoptAClassroom.org and communicating or transacting with AdoptAClassroom.org, which business maintains a physical presence in Miami-Dade County, Florida, USA; therefore, you agree that your use of the Web Site and Services, and this Policy, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Florida, USA, and applicable federal laws and regulations without regard to conflicts of law principals. Accordingly, you understand and agree that all proceedings relating to this Web Site and the subject matter contained herein shall be maintained exclusively in the state or federal courts in and for Miami-Dade County and the Southern District of Florida. YOU AGREE THAT NO CLASS ACTION SHALL BE INITIATED OR MAINTAINED AGAINST ANY ADOPTACLASSROOM.ORG PARTIES. The prevailing party shall be entitled to reimbursement of reasonable attorneys fees and expenses.
14. NO WAIVER; SEVERABILITY. Any failure by AdoptAClassroom.org to enforce any of its rights under this Policy or applicable laws shall not constitute a waiver of such rights. If any provision of this Policy shall be deemed unlawful or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this Policy and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions hereunder.
15. CONTACT INFORMATION. The contact information for AdoptAClassroom.org is: AdoptAClassroom.org4141 NE 2nd Avenue, Suite 203BMiami, FL 33137Attn: Executive DirectorTel: 877.444.7666 Fax: email@example.com
When we are required or permitted to disclose information without consent, we will endeavor not disclose more information than is necessary to fulfill the disclosure purpose. Consent If you do not consent to our collection, use, or disclosure of your Personal Information as described in this Privacy Statement, then do not share Personal Information with us. However, we are unable to offer some services without Personal Information. You may withdraw your consent at any time, subject to reasonable notice and legal or contractual obligations. To withdraw your consent, simply notify us in writing of the Personal Information that you no longer wish us to collect, use, or disclose, pursuant to the Contact Information listed below. However, we are unable to offer some services without Personal Information. There are limited situations in which applicable laws require or allow us to collect, use, or disclose Personal Information without your consent or after you withdraw your consent. We describe these situations above in the subsection titled “Protection of AdoptAClassroom.org and Others”. Retention and Access; Information Updates and Corrections We ask that you help us to keep your Personal Information accurate, complete, current, and relevant to its intended use, by notifying us in writing of any changes. We keep your Personal Information only as long as we need it for the reasons it was collected, and continue to hold this information for a reasonable period time at least as long as applicable laws, rules or regulations may require. When your Personal Information is no longer required for our purposes, we have procedures to destroy, delete, or erase it or to convert it to an anonymous form, at our election. The principal place in which we hold Personal Information is at the principal business of business of AdoptAClassroom.org, which is currently in Miami, Florida, and may change from time-to-time. At your request in accordance with this Privacy Statement, we will provide you with reasonable access to your Personal Information, so that you can review what we have stored and, if you choose, request corrections to it. After you request access, we will provide the Personal Information that you request as soon as practically possible and generally no later than thirty days following the request. If you wish to correct your Personal Information, please send us a written explanation of the particular information that you believe should be corrected. Security AdoptAClassroom.org combines technical and physical safeguards with policies and procedures in order to help protect your information. We work to protect your information during transmission, and for certain transactions we use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts the information that you provide online at our Web Site. We will use commercially reasonable efforts and reasonably available technologies to protect your information. Further, we permit only authorized AdoptAClassroom.org employees and third parties to access any Personal Information that you supply to us. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, you acknowledge that the Internet and computer networks are inherently insecure and we do not guarantee absolute protection of the Personal Information you share. Accordingly, do not share your Personal Information unless you understand and submit to these risks. Links to Other Web Sites When you click on a link on this Web Site that takes you to a web site operated by another company, or when we use Personal Information for the purposes of order fulfillment in which we send purchase orders to another web site containing Personal Information, you will be subject to that web site’s privacy policies. We disclaim, and you agree to hold us harmless from, any policies and practices of third party sites, including, without limitation, AdoptAClassroom.org’s strategic partners, vendors and sponsors. Accordingly, we encourage you to read such third parties’ privacy statements available on their web sites. Dispute Resolution Please direct any questions or concerns regarding the use or disclosure of Personal Information to us by using the Contact Information given below. We will investigate and attempt to resolve questions, complaints and disputes regarding use and disclosure of personal information in accordance with the principles contained in this Privacy Statement. For complaints that cannot be resolved, we will make available to you an independent dispute resolution process. In the event of any legal proceeding arising hereunder, the parties irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts in and for Miami-Dade County and the Southern District of Florida, and waive all claims of inconvenient forum. The parties expressly opt-out of rights to demand a jury trial. The prevailing party shall be entitled to reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs. Contact Information In the event of questions about (i) access to your Personal Information, (ii) our collection, use, management, or disclosure of Personal Information, (iii) opting out of our e-mail blasts and/or newsletters, or (iv) this Privacy Statement, contact us at:
AdoptAClassroom.org.4141 NE 2nd Avenue, Suite 203BMiami, FL 33137Attn: Executive DirectorTel: 877.444.7666Fax: firstname.lastname@example.orgMonday through Friday (except holidays), 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM Eastern Standard Time Please provide details in your correspondence to enable us to respond and take appropriate action. It may take up to thirty (30) days to see changes and results.